This is the first of the school weekly bulletins I will send out to you. If you should not be receiving this bulletin please send me an email and I will remove your address. If I missed someone, please let me know.
We Are Off and Running! Welcome back to school and welcome to our new families! It turns out Friday was a good day to start school. The teachers were able to introduce the students to their programs and the kids were able to meet each other and break the ice. Thanks to all of you that were able to come to the picnic. It was such a nice turn-out. See myself or Ms. Mollett if you left a bowl.
New Staff We have a few new staff members I would like to acknowledge and welcome. Ms. Rana Adams will be assisting Ms. Tulley; Ms. Yesenia Huerta will assist Ms. Kasperson and Ms. Mariza Rocha will provide remedial support and EL Support along with Ms. Elisa Solis. In addition we have added Mr. Butch Kwan to our music program to teach violin.
TIDES and Music We have started sign-ups for TIDES (our after school program) and our music program. If you are interested in either one of these programs please see me. Both programs are limited by space and resources. TIDES will be run by Ms. Mollett. It costs $30 per month and runs M-Th from 3:00 pm – 4:45 pm.
Eclipse on Monday As you probably know there will be an eclipse of the sun (the moon is in between the Earth and the sun.) The teachers have their own programs planned and the students will have an opportunity to view the eclipse using certified eclipse glasses. Please do not view the sun without proper protection. Normal sunglasses will not protect your eyes. Proper eye protection is available at Out of this World. The Eclipse will start around 9:00 am and will be at a full eclipse about 10:15 am. School is scheduled as normal.
* Attendance is important for your child’s education. Please notify Ms. Mollett if your child is going to miss school. Last year our little school lost over $50K in funding from the state because of missed attendance.
* I’m accessible. You may email me or contact me on any matter. I will try to keep the web site (trcschool.org) up to date with information and please be sure to read the bulletin board outside of my office, and the main bulletin board on the parking lot side of the building. I will put this bulletin out weekly.
* If you take student, teachers, or school pictures please send me a copy. I might be able to share them.
* I am looking for a new facility for the school. If you have any ideas please let me know. I am looking for 2.5+ acres, residential zoning, location needs to be close or within Fort Bragg.
* There will be several notices that will be sent out to our families over the next couple of weeks required by the state. Please stay tuned.